Re: No programs allowed and the character é at the beginning of a mail

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:25:45 IST 2009

2009/7/16 Alexis Michon <alexis.michon at ibcp.fr>:
> Ok, thanks you.
> I found this post :
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/20385/match=magic+word
>
> And my text file is confused with DOS executable (COM)
>
> bash 3-0# file msg-20083-37.txt
> msg-20083-37.txt: DOS executable (COM)
> ,
> In the mail, his modification seems to be good, but  does someone use it
> in production environnent  ?
>
> Alexis

Not exactly his changes (which seem fine by me), since I simply remove
the offending one-byte magics... As can be seen, any language
containing letters other than pure ascii run the risk of falling afoul
of those rather ... stupid... magic strings.

But doing it that way will be just fine.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn