Tiny text only spam (semi OT)

Gary Faith gafaith at asdm.net
Fri Jul 3 14:50:41 IST 2009

I believe that I have also been greatly troubled by the same messages.
The common thread to these messages is what I call an obfucated URL
where the URL has spaces in multiple places.  I created a cf file in
/etc/mail/spmassassin directory and wrote my first spamassassin rule.
It might not be the best but it is working for me.  Basically, the rule
matches a URL that starts with www.  followed by a space followed by
some text ending in a period like pill45. followed by another space then
a TLD like com, net or org.  I started with a small score for testing
but have significantly raised the score to 4.5 now.

# Rule to find URLs with spaces
body            ASDM_OBF_URL           /www\.\s(.+?)\s[A-Za-z]{2,4}/i
score           ASDM_OBF_URL           4.5
describe        ASDM_OBF_URL           URLs with spaces
I haven't seen any false positives yet.

Gary Faith

Il 03/07/2009 13:00, mailscanner-request at lists.mailscanner.info ha