Anti-spear-phishing sa-update channel

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 30 16:34:36 GMT 2009

on 1-30-2009 7:55 AM shuttlebox spake the following:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
>> You won't see many hits if you do a lot of rejects at MTA level.
>
> I use milter-greylist which cuts about 80% of incoming mail but even
> compared to other SA rules it's barely any hits. This is a couple of
> rules from one server today:
>
> 861 RAZOR2
> 766 DCC
> 279 JM_SOUGHT
> 1 JKF_ANTI_PHISH
>
> Could it be that this was one of those spam techniques that just
> passed by very quickly? For you who have been running it longer than
> me, did you see more hits earlier? Or are these spam hit harder by
> greylisting for some reason?

I'm pretty sure that other anti-bot techniques like greylisting or sendmails
greetpause, and some of the better blacklists are just catching this stuff
pre-spamassassin.

Either way, dead is dead, and I am happy to NOT see it!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and