WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --unzip

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Jan 26 18:23:42 GMT 2009

-----Original Message-----
> its really strange that's all, the system is easily managing to
> keep up now but telnet to 25 is still really slow to respond,
> like 5 - 10 seconds or it'll time out completely.  I noticed my
> mailscanner sql db is getting a bit fat so maybe this is causing
> some problem...

Getting into the game late here, so maybe it's been asked already, but
are you running a caching DNS server on the box?  That may help.

Too, I've seen telnet spin it's wheels when there was no reverse zone
for the source (i.e., your) host.  You don't actualy need a reverse
entry for your host if you don't have one, but having even a single
entry in the reverse zone allows the name server to return a 'not found'
almost instantly, whereas it seems to wait to timeout if no reverse zone
exists...

...Kevin