WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --unzip

Simon Jones simonmjones at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:25:28 GMT 2009

2009/1/26 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:

>>> looks good! so simple I didn't think it could be that.  finally since
>>> the upgrade I'm gettin commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
>>> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
>>> <CLIENT> line 1
>>>
>>> when i restart the MailScanner service, doesn't seem to be a problem
>>> but can it be tidied up?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>> Guys, also just noticed quite a lot of SA time outs on one of the
>> gateways, the other gateways are fine and responding so I don't think
>> it's a slow blacklist - CPU seems to be IRO 50% on average so the
>> system isn't way busy.  Did the MS upgrade break something with SA?
>>
>> SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, failure 1 of 10
>
> Check that your bayes_seen file is of a reasonable size, else ...
> remove it. Also check that your SA expire runs complete (no "expire"
> files in your bayes directory)... Try up the "SpamAssassin Timeout" to
> something fairly large in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf (mine is
> at 10 minutes... == 600 seconds).
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn

Hello lads, thanks again - cleaned up the error (thanks Steve, we
don't like messy bits do we!) and Glenn, on the money with the timeout
setting for SA - it was set to 10 secs on the gateway that was playing
up and 600 on the others, not sure how that happened but I guess the
part of the system between the chair and they keyboard may have got
distracted!.

all working beautifully again!

Simon