WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --unzip

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:50:26 GMT 2009

2009/1/26 Simon Jones <simonmjones at gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/26 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:

>>> hello chaps, thanks for that - I've updated MS and configured it to
>>> use clamd which works a treat, the machines are chewing spam like they
>>> haven't eaten in a month!  I do have a spot of trouble with the
>>> MailScanner -d --lint test though -
>>>
>>> bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
>>> /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old
>>> bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
>>> /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old
>>> bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
>>> /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old
>>>
>>> Previous error complained of not being able to read the files so i
>>> chown postfix:root * in the directory, now I'm getting the above.
>>> Seems to have fixed the read error though...
>>>
>>> thanks again,
>>>
>>> Simon
>> This is how this looks for me (I use MailWatch where the apache user
>> and group is named "apache"):
>>
>> # ls -ld /etc/MailScanner/bayes
>> drwxrwsrwx 2 postfix apache 4096 2009-01-26 14:58 /etc/MailScanner/bayes/
>> # ls -l /etc/MailScanner/bayes
>> totalt 6004
>> -rw-rw---- 1 postfix apache    2334 2009-01-26 14:58 bayes.mutex
>> -rw-r----- 1 apache  apache   12288 2009-01-26 14:58 bayes_seen
>> -rw-rw---- 1 postfix apache 5984256 2009-01-26 14:58 bayes_toks
>> #
>>
>> Cheers
>> --
>> -- Glenn
>> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
>
> looks good! so simple I didn't think it could be that.  finally since
> the upgrade I'm gettin commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
> <CLIENT> line 1
>
> when i restart the MailScanner service, doesn't seem to be a problem
> but can it be tidied up?

That is purely informational and don't need cleaning up;-).
All it says is that you (or rather MailWatch) is doing commits "as
needed", but since you have autocommit on in the MySQL db, they don't
make any difference. You could go through the MW code and comment out
all the commits (not that many, IIRC, in MailWatch.pm), but really...
why bother?
Live with it;-)

Cheers
--