WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --unzip

Simon Jones simonmjones at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:16:38 GMT 2009

2009/1/25 Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:
> This is documented in the MailScanner ChangeLog. You have updated ClamAV,
> and you require a MailScanner update as well to match the new command-line
> syntax. It was mentioned in my "new version announcement" to the
> MailScanner-Announce list a while back.
>
> On 24/1/09 19:47, Simon Jones wrote:
>>
>> Evening chaps,  gateway still running like a dog!  I've noticed in
>> /var/log/maillog the following;
>>
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --unzip
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --jar
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --tar
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --tgz
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --deb
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --max-ratio
>> Jan 24 19:27:29 mailgate1 MailScanner[6685]: WARNING: Ignoring
>> deprecated option --unrar
>>
>> I'm assuming it won't hurt performance and I'm sure someone's come
>> across this before so if you could point me in the direction to the
>> fix it'd be great,
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Jules

hello chaps, thanks for that - I've updated MS and configured it to
use clamd which works a treat, the machines are chewing spam like they
haven't eaten in a month!  I do have a spot of trouble with the
MailScanner -d --lint test though -

bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
/etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old
bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
/etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old
bayes: failed rename /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal to
/etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_journal.old

Previous error complained of not being able to read the files so i
chown postfix:root * in the directory, now I'm getting the above.
Seems to have fixed the read error though...

thanks again,

Simon