Here's an interesting observation

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 23 22:09:05 GMT 2009

on 1-23-2009 9:54 AM Steve Campbell spake the following:
> I've been fighting this for a while now. I don't know if my SA timeouts
> are gone, but:
>
> I removed the KAM rules, and a backlog of mail processed really fast. I
> haven't had a SA timeout in more than 30 minutes, and before removal,
> they were happening about every 3 minutes.
>
> steve

Maybe there is a complex regex in the kam rules that is playing havoc on your
perl version in CentOS 3. I remember having issues when I ran perl 5.8.0 with
some regex processing.

It might also explain why so many of the perl modules didn't compile.

Might be time to think about migrating the servers to something newer.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and