Sanesecurity ClamAV sigs are back. Yay!

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 15:33:20 GMT 2009

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Akrouh Larsen wrote:
> I've not used sanesecurity so far, because it messes up statistics and
> generally make it less transparent why a mail was blocked.
>
> My problem is I don’t want my system to list a mail as a virus if its "just"
> a spam or phishing attack.
>
> Am I alone with these concerns or have anybody found a "fix" for it?

Nope, you are not alone.  I looked into this a while ago and came to the
same conclusion.  I do not get lots of phishing attacks get through that
  would have been caught by this method so haven't bothered to implement it.

However, if I was getting loads of phishing attempts getting through,
then I might reconsider.

--
Anthony Peacock
Study Health Informatics - Modular Postgraduate Degree