segfault

Simon Jones simonmjones at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:39:10 GMT 2009

2009/1/23 Stephen Swaney <steve.swaney at fsl.com>:
> Simon Jones wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,  having a bit of perfornace trouble with one of my mailscanner
>> gateways and noticed the following in /var/log/messages - it's
>> repeating quite a lot too.  I have exactly the same system running
>> mailscanner OK in the same distributed configuration.
>>
>> o/s details;
>>
>> Centos 5 x64
>> 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 19:46:53 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
>> GNU/Linux
>>
>> error messages in /var/log/messages;
>>
>> Jan 23 10:45:07 mailgate1 kernel: MailScanner[20039]: segfault at
>> 00007fffafc9df23 rip 00000039b78de8ad rsp 00007fffafc9dea0 error 6
>> Jan 23 10:45:10 mailgate1 MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly,
>> returned 0 with signal 11
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Simon,
>
> I just saw the same problem yesterday but with a CentOS 4.7 system running
> The current version of MailScanner. I ran `yum update` and rebooted and the
> problem went away. Sorry but I haven't had time to investigate further to
> see what was causing the problem. I may get around to it later today.
>
> Steve
> --
>
> Steve Swaney
> steve at fsl.com
> www.fsl.com

ok thanks mate, I'm doing an update now - see if that sorts it.  has
anyone else noticed a shed load more spam recently?  my gateway's are
running full bore right now, they've been stable for month but the
last couple o days has seen stacked hold queues and slow-ups which I
can only really put down to sheer volume of spam being processed.