Bayes expire files?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Jan 23 08:31:16 GMT 2009

Max Kipness wrote on Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:27:52 -0600:

> After looking at what is taking up so much space on our server, I found
> out that I have 7GB in the .spamassassin directory, most being
> bayes_toks.expirexxx files. When looking up info on these files I'm
> unable to determine whether these can be deleted or not. Does the
> sa-learn --force-expire remove these files from disk or create these
> files?

Neither. These are normally created by an expiry run that gets started
during normal operation and where SA times out. It's the new unfinished
database that would have replaced the old one. Do you have switched off
auto expiry both in MailScanner.conf and spamassassin.prefs.conf?

Just to see that it works fine I suggest doing a manual expire run with
the -D switch, so you see if it works and how long it takes (e.g. if it
needs to go into "guessing mode".

> Can they be deleted without affecting the spam detection rate?

Yes.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany