ClamAV or ClamD?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 22 20:41:44 GMT 2009

Jan Agermose a écrit :

> hi
>

> I just started using clamd - what problems are there since you are
> writing "to check its alive"? Is there are script to this by the way
> if its a general problem?`

Jan,

Until I started using the fetch-sanesecurity-sigs script I had no
failure of clamd but now my script that checks if clamd is alive has
restarted it on many MS servers.  I don't really understand what makes
it die because when I do the "kill -USR2 pid" by hand everything works
just fine...

Basically, the script makes sure there is a clamd process running (by
looking at the PID written in /var/.../clamd.pid) and restarts it if
there is none.  I run this script in root's crontab every minute.  Very
small overhead.

I know there are numerous free monitoring solutions on the net but I
prefer my own ;)

Denis

--
   _