Preventing backscatter with sendmail

Pardon Blessings Maoneke blessings83 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:02:11 GMT 2009

I am getting sending error message like below:

<sales at domain.co.zw>: host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 554 5.7.0 Reject,
    id=16074-02-4 - SPAM (in reply to end of DATA command)

Yet i havent sent any email. Such messages are comming into my inbox and
they are comming in large numbers ten or so a day. Is there a way of
avoiding this.

Thanks

On 1/22/09, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:

> Pardon Blessings Maoneke wrote on Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:24:59 +0200:
>
> > Is there a way of preventing backscatters on postfix.
>
> Explain what you mean. If you *really* read that thread you will have
> noticed there is ambiguity.
>
> Kai
>
> --
> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany