Spamassassin timeouts - Just an observation

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jan 19 11:31:20 GMT 2009

Martin Hepworth wrote on Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:26:33 +0000:

> I'd drop the SARE rules back in, one at a time and see if any trigger
> the timeouts.

By dropping them he freed some memory on a memory-scarce machine. That was
likely the problem, not processing of certain rules.
Apart from that I find that there is only a handful of SARE rules that hit
nowadays and even these hit only a few messages. I dropped all of them
(except for the uribl tld additions) with no ill effects recently.
Do you still see them hitting a lot? If so, which are the two or three of
your most hitting SARE ruleset files? Maybe these were just never part of
my list.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany