Thumbs down MailScanner Segmentation fault

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Jan 13 12:01:09 GMT 2009

Mehra wrote:
> - Yes, I get the segfault with MailScanner --lint *and* Spam Checks with
> SA *disabled*-
> - Yes, I get the segfault with spamassassin --lint

Ok - install 'strace' via 'yum install strace'; then run:

strace MailScanner --lint 2>&1 | tee strace.out

You'll got *lots* of output from this and hopefully you will still hit
the segfault and it will exit.

Look at the last 20-30 lines of the strace.out and you will most likely
see that a compiled Perl module is being loaded that is causing the
segfault.

Once you have identified the module causing the fault - attempt to
re-install it via RPM or build it manually (do not skip the 'make test'
phase) and see if that fixes the problem.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard
Fort Systems Ltd.

Tired of administering your spam filter and it's massive quarantines?
Having scalability issues with your existing spam filter?
Solve your spam filtering problems with BarricadeMX.
http://www.fsl.com