Thumbs down MailScanner Segmentation fault

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 10:24:23 GMT 2009

Hi,

Mehra wrote:
> now this is new result:
>
> # ./MailScanner --lint
> Trying to setlogsock(unix)
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.74.13) is correct.
>
> Unrar is not installed, it should be in .
> This is required for RAR archives to be read to check
> filenames and filetypes. Virus scanning is not affected.
>

> ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-cPanel-MailScanner-From
>
> MailScanner setting GID to  (12)
> MailScanner setting UID to  (47)
>
> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> Using SpamAssassin results cache
> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
> Segmentation fault
> **************************************************************************************************************
> and this is result for spamassassin --lint
> # spamassassin --lint
> Segmentation fault
>
> do you think that it may be spamassassin problem?

The segmentation fault appears when running spamassassin on its own, so
I would suspect that is your problem.  Another way to confirm this would
be to switch off spamassassin use in MailScanner.

You could edit your MailScanner.conf file and set "Spam Checks" to no, ie

Spam Checks = no

Run MailScanner, if it doesn't seg fault, then the problem does not lie
with MailScanner.

--
Anthony Peacock
Study Health Informatics - Modular Postgraduate Degree