Content scanning / MCP?

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Fri Jan 9 20:37:54 GMT 2009

Patrick Saweikis wrote:

> Hello,
>

>             We have a user on our mail system who wants to always
> ALLOW messages with specific content in the message subject and body
> through. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how would we
> accomplish it? I have been looking into using MCP, but from what I
> have read that is for denying specific message content only. Any
> advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>

> Patrick Saweikis
>
> TechPro, Inc.

Not trivial since many checks are used to sidetrack email these days,
some of which are difficult to bypass. For example if you are blocking
using spamhaus at the MTA level you'll never even see the subject. What
About viruses. Does the user want a virus or a message with a blocked
attachment if the subject has the magic word.

You get the idea.

On a simple level you could write a series of SpamAssassin rules that
would add +100 to the score if the magic words appear in the subject but
this only covers part of the possible traps.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com