Was: Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Dave Filchak dave.filchak at senecac.on.ca
Fri Jan 9 17:10:06 GMT 2009

Hi Glenn,

First, thanks for all your help.

Glenn Steen wrote:
> 2009/1/9 Dave Filchak <dave.filchak at senecac.on.ca>:
>
>> Ok well ..
>>
>> I thought I would clean up the email a bit.
>>
>> I am now at the point that I no longer have any errors permission or
>> otherwise with the exception of this:
>>
>> config: path "//.spamassassin/user_prefs" is inaccessible: Permission denied
>>

> See my last mail in the previous thread. The one with "Alternative 2"
> exemplified. It'll take care of these errors.
>

>> I still have no clue where this is being generated from as in the
>> MailScanner.conf, the spamassassin local state directory is set to
>> /var/spool/MailScanner and the permissions are set postfix:postfix
>>
>> The worst part is though, that I am not getting mail ... even though if I
>> send myself an email, I see it coming in and then being delivered to my
>> maildir. I can go there and look at it on the server and it is all fine but
>> it just will not be delivered.
>>

> Hm, is the MailScanner box your mailstore? Do you access that via some
> form of IMAP server? Sounds like this is now outside of MailScanners
> realm;-).

At this point, I believe that most issues are now because MailScanner is
configured to strphtml store spam. When I look in MailWatch, I am now
seeing many emails that are being scored as spam when they are not
actually spam. They are being scored just over the 5 range. The new
updated rules must be much more aggressive. So, I need to either change
the spam actions for not high spam to striphtml deliver, although this
will mean that more spam will actually get delivered to our clients. I
guess an alternative would be to raise the threshold from 5 to say 7 for
a bit until I get a handle on how to fine tune the spam rules for our
mail flow.  Any tips here or can you direct me to a good tutorial on this?

Dave