Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 8 13:58:29 GMT 2009

submit at zuka.net a écrit :
> Right off the top I need to ask you all to bear with me. I have not
> had to administer my email server in a number of years as I had
> another person doing it. Now, he has left and so here I am trying to
> make this work and at this point, no mail is flowing but the mail
> queue is growing.
>
> I updated MailScanner and Clam/Spamassassin using Julian's install
> routines. All seemed to go OK but the mail queue seems to be stuck and
> I have a few errors when I lint the install. I know some other have
> had some issues with the mail queue after this upgrade but I am not
> sure it is the same issues here. I have been up all night trying to
> get this to work so I really could use some help with this.
>
> Here is the output of MailScanner --lint
>
> [root at rosewood ~]# MailScanner --lint
> Trying to setlogsock(unix)
> Read 848 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> Read 4096 hostnames from the phishing blacklist
> Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
> Starting up SQL Blacklist
> Read 3 blacklist entries
> Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
> Started SQL Logging child
> Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
> Starting up SQL Whitelist
> Read 60 whitelist entries
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.74.13) is correct.
>
> Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
> MailScanner setting GID to  (80)
> MailScanner setting UID to  (80)
>
> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> Using SpamAssassin results cache
> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
> config: path "//.spamassassin/user_prefs" is inaccessible: Permission
> denied
>
>  ... obviously this one is an issue but not sure why it cannot access it.
>
> config: configuration file
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_advance_fee.cf"
> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
> config files? Skipping this file at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 372.
> config: configuration file
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_advance_fee.cf"
> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
> config files? Skipping this file
> config: configuration file
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_body_tests.cf"
> requires version 3.002003 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
> 3.002005. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old
> config files? Skipping this file at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 372.
> config: configuration file
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/20_body_tests.cf"
> [...]

Dave,

On my RHEL 4.6 server my SA files are located in /var/lib/spamassassin,
so I would delete the ones in /etc/mail/spamassassin/updates*

For your permission problem, you must be usins Postfix so try to access
the file under the postfix user.

Denis

--
   _