Good config for Mailscanner

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:34:18 GMT 2009

2009/1/7 ichwan nur hakim <chokimbo at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have ben install Mailscanner in opensuse 10.3 and success, but I am still
> receipt much SPAM in my email, how powerful that settingan mainscanner..???
> any advice for SpamasassinScore..??? default value is 10, maybe i must set
> to 1 so powerfull.
>
> Thank's

hi
theres a section in the wiki about getting the most out of
spamassassin. Tuning this can take a little time for you're
environment.

Alot of people run spam score at 5 and high spam at 10. they deliver
below five, tag at 5 and dump at 10.

If you can put up a web page with an example email (full headers in
mbox format). people can run it over their systems and see which extra
rules to add first.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK