Quarantined email testing/troubleshooting

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Feb 27 18:40:08 GMT 2009

on 2-27-2009 8:52 AM Nikolaos Pavlidis spake the following:
> Hello all,
>
> Following up on the same issue, from what I tried so far the script that
> Julian suggested works great! Many thanks for that! The bad thing is
> that the problem persists for some weird reason focusing again on
> delivery notifications. After using the script to turn the quarantined
> email into the mbox format, I fed it to SA and I got:
>
> # spamassassin -t -p /etc/mail/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> --mbox < spam.20100108
>
> Content analysis details:   (-15.0 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ----------------------
>  -15 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>                             [score: 0.0000]
>

> And yes I have not used sa-learn first! Why could that email be in
> quarantine if SA clears it? I do realise that delivery notifications are
> minor details but... the devil is in the detail!
>
> Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Do you use the spam lists function on your system?
If so, that can also mark messages as spam.
Also, did you look at the message and see if the conversion changed it somehow?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and