Block list by email

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 09:16:46 GMT 2009

On 26/2/09 23:51, Alexandre Gorges wrote:
> Great.
>
> Let me see. Please help.
>
> I want the mail test at domain.com not receive any file. exe and any
> email that comes from spam at spammer.com
>
> In Mailscanner.conf, I modified the "Filename Rules"   to Filename
> Rules = /etc/Mailscanner/rules/filename.rules.
>
> In filename.rules, I added
>
> To: test at domain.com /etc/MailScanner/rules/filename-test.rules
> FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
>
> Inside filename-test.rules, I added
>
> deny \.exe$ - -
Did you separate the 4 "words" on that line with tab characters? You
need to, not just spaces. Otherwise how does it cope with log messages
with spaces in them, or with regular expressions with spaces in them?

This is the *only* place in MailScanner where you must use tab
characters instead of spaces.

> So, to block spam at spammer.com, I use the  " Is Definitely Spam =
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules"
>
> In spam.blacklist.rules, I added
>
> To: test at domain.com /etc/Mailscanner/rules/blacklist-test.rules
> FromOrTo:    default                    no
>
> Inside blacklist-test.rules, I added
>
> From: spam at spammer.com yes
>

> It is correct?
>
> Thanks again.

> *From: *Alex Neuman <alex at rtpty.com>
> *Date: *Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:19:21 -0500
> *To: *Lista Mailscanner <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> *Subject: *Re: Block list by email
>

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Alexandre Gorges <algorges at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     It is possible to create blacklist, whitelist and filename list by
>     email?
>
> Yes!
>

>     If it possible, how?
>
> By editing the .rules files and following the examples within.
>

>     Thanks
>
> You're welcome!
>

>     []'s
>      Alexandre Gorges ⌘