How to browse infected messages in quarantine?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Feb 19 19:34:15 GMT 2009

on 2-19-2009 11:18 AM Steve Freegard spake the following:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Voorhees wrote:
>> Hi people:
>>
>> I'm sure this is a pretty easy question but I'm still unable to find
>> the appropiate directive(s) to achieve it. I quarantine all spam
>> messages and I can browse them later using MailWatch.
>> But when MailScanner founds a Virus in a message using ClamAV, I can
>> see that is sent to quarantine too, I see it in the list of
>> quarantined messages trough MailWatch but I can't see it's content nor
>> release the infected message.
>>
>> What should I change in my configuration to be able to browse and
>> release infected messages in quarantine?
>
> You can't do anything through MailWatch if the message is marked as
> Virus infected; I considered that a security feature when I wrote it.
>
> You'll have to release it the old-fashioned way 'sendmail -i -f [sender]
> [recipient] < /path/to/quarantine/message'.
>
> Regards,
> Steve.
Or hack MailWatch if you feel bold.
In detail.php look for;

   // Don't allow message to be released if it is marked as 'dangerous'
   // Currently this only applies to messages that contain viruses.
   if($item['dangerous'] !== "Y") {

And change to;
 if($item['dangerous'] !== "r") {

I don't remember why the "r", but it can't be "Y" for sure.

Remember!!! If you break it, you get to keep the pieces.
 Make a copy of anything you change.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and