Fragmentation

Mike Masse mrm at quantumcc.com
Thu Feb 12 22:56:45 GMT 2009

One of my users received an Outlook express fragmented email message and
kudo's to MailScanner because it didn't know how to handle the second
portion of the email and it quarantined it.   This could very well be
related to:
http://www.esecurityplanet.com/trends/article.php/1463161/Security-Firm-Outlook-Express-Can-Be-Used-To-Bypass-Email-Filters.htm

I searched the archive for fragmentation and did not get any results, so:

Can MailScanner be set to properly detect and log and quarantine these
fragmented emails vs what my system is doing right now which is only
quarantining because it doesn't know what to do with the attachment.
The fact that the email doesn't come through is fantastic, but without
the logging bit, it's difficult to track down why for explanation
purposes to clients.