Hospital update

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Mon Feb 9 21:00:53 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Field" <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009 6:59:24 AM (GMT+1000) Auto-Detected
Subject: Hospital update

Folks,

To keep you updated with the latest...

Last Thursday I had an endoscopy done by the boss of the Hepatology Dept
at our hospital, she wanted to make sure she saw the state for herself
rather than reading someone else's report, which was kind of her.

The endoscopy showed that there is probably sufficient blood-flow and
low enough pressure that I am unlikely to bleed severely in the near
future, and so the decision has been taken to take me off the liver
transplant list. In 6 months time, she will do another endoscopy and
review the situation again. But, to be honest, it is unlikely I will be
put back on the list again.

...snipped...

----- End Original Message -----

Hi Jules,

This is a mixed bag then isn't it.  I'm glad you're off the transplant list even though other things will continue to cause you discomfort.  A friend of mine had a heart transplant and although he's alive, the amount of medication he needs for the rest of his life is just plain scarey.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone :)

Sounds like you're in good hands.  Continue on the road to recovery and know that mail admins all over the world are breathing a little easier today.  Especially this one from Australia!  Take care and thanks for the update.

Cheers,

James

PS - Sorry for the horrid formatting, alas not all webmail clients are created equal :(