Hospital update

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 19:59:24 GMT 2009

Folks,

To keep you updated with the latest...

Last Thursday I had an endoscopy done by the boss of the Hepatology Dept
at our hospital, she wanted to make sure she saw the state for herself
rather than reading someone else's report, which was kind of her.

The endoscopy showed that there is probably sufficient blood-flow and
low enough pressure that I am unlikely to bleed severely in the near
future, and so the decision has been taken to take me off the liver
transplant list. In 6 months time, she will do another endoscopy and
review the situation again. But, to be honest, it is unlikely I will be
put back on the list again.

This is good, in that I don't need a very major operation, but it also
means that a bunch of other things won't get fixed at the same time. So
it's good, but not *all* good.

So I have unpacked my hospital bag. 17 months preparing myself for it,
and just 10 minutes to unpack my bag and put it all away again. Ho hum.

Many thanks for all your kind messages over the past months wishing me
luck with the transplant, they really did help me. Time to move on, I guess.

Cheers.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng