MailScanner suddenly stopped working and screwed up everything

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 02:04:21 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/7 jan gestre <ipcopper.ph at gmail.com>:

>>> Jan
>>>
>>> do you pay for the spamhaus feed? If not this could be the problem..
>>>
>>> http://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage.html
>>>

>> I've read the dnsblusage from spamhaus and I'm sure the volume of
>> emails we're getting is nowhere near that number. Here's an info of
> But if you use a forwarder for your lookups, that one might have been
> blocked by them. Did you check if a manual lookup works?
> (snip)

I'm using OpenDNS for lookups, I don't see any problem with it.

I tried upgrading MailScanner to see if the old version was causing
the problem, with spamhaus still disabled in postfix, it worked for a
while but after enabling spamhaus at the MTA level, I'm back to the
old problem. Disabled the spam check at the MTA level but emails are
still bouncing, I'm stumped :(

For the meantime I've removed the HOLD in header checks as suggested by Bastian.

My other Mail Server has an identical configuration but it's not
exhibiting this behavior.