MailScanner suddenly stopped working and screwed up everything

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:28:07 GMT 2009

Hi Guys,

I've several mail servers running (postfix + dovecot + mysql +
mailscanner) that has been up for a long time now and suddenly it
stopped working one by one. It began by users experiencing bouncing
emails even though the user exist then it became worst, all emails is
now being tagged as spam even those from yahoo and gmail. I suspect
MailScanner might be causing the issue so I turned it off but the
server keep on rejecting emails because of postfix's
smtpd_client_restrictions rule that blocks emails if it came from an
ip address listed on spamhaus.org, but after disabling that parameter
emails from sites like yahoo and gmail still gets blocked according to
postfix it's listed in sbl-xbl list, I know for a fact that this
shouldn't suppose to happen but it did. Anybody ever experienced this?
What's the workaround, I'm stumped, I have no idea why it suddenly got
screwed.

TIA

Jan