Mailscanner logging to syslog, only partial to mail.log, driving me nuts

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 05:10:12 GMT 2009

Hi Greg,

> From: Greg Deputy <greg at blastzone.com>
> Subject: RE: Mailscanner logging to syslog, only partial to mail.log, driving me nuts
> To: "'MailScanner discussion'" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> Yes, I've looked there, nothing seems unusual, and
> I've not changed anything in there.

Two things:

1. please don't top-post, it makes it difficult for people in the future going through list archives and trying to follow a conversation thread.

2. please post your syslog.conf. I've recently been doing a lot of syslog work (out of necessity) to fix very similar issues, and it all turned out to be the syslog config I had in place.

Hopefully I'll be able to help.

Michael.