ClamAV Mailscanner not using clamd

Ghetti, Ron Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us
Wed Feb 4 15:56:31 GMT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of
shuttlebox
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:20 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: ClamAV Mailscanner not using clamd

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Ghetti, Ron
<Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us> wrote:
>  Some Background:
>  Dell PowerEdge 2950 8gb Ram
>  Ubuntu 7.04
>  Perl 5.8.8
>  MailScanner 4.68.8
>  Postfix 2.3.8
>
>  ClamAV 94.2 d/loaded from the MailScanner site.
>  SpamAssassin 3.2.4

You need at least MS 4.72 to use Clam 0.94.x, so much has changed in
Clam that you can't use 4.68.

Read more here: http://mailscanner.info/ChangeLog

I would also recommend using SA 3.2.5 even though it has nothing to do
with this problem.

--
/peter
--

Thanks Peter, that clearly is the answer.
Not what I was hoping for of course, but I'll have to deal with it.

I'm going to build a new box, care to recommend a linux distribution ?
I'm leaning towards either Debian or Fedora.
Ubuntu was quick and easy but moving forward I can see is becoming a
pain.

:)

-Ron