Clamd issue

Garrod M. Alwood Garrod.Alwood at lorodoes.com
Mon Dec 28 15:23:56 GMT 2009

I have everything set exactly as I do on all my other servers and on this server I get this error and I am unsure why, can anyone give me as a hint to fix it? I looked at the pm file it's calling but I can't tell what it's asking for. If someone could at least point me in the right direction I would be very happy. thank you.

root at filter2# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 856 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 9052 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Starting up SQL Blacklist
Read 0 blacklist entries
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLoggin
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Starting up SQL Whitelist
Read 0 whitelist entries
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.78.17) is correct.
Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (33)
MailScanner setting UID to  (107)
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Insecure dependency in chown while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 2505.

Garrod M. Alwood
Consultant
garrod.alwood at lorodoes.com
904.738.4988