How to block addresses beginning with pipe

Dalimil Gala konve at logout.cz
Mon Dec 21 13:35:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

any possibility to block messages coming from addresses beginning with
the pipe character?
I'm getting a lot of messages with spoofed addresses beggining with the
pipe character like:

Dec 21 14:23:41 smtp2 sendmail[4296]: nBLDNdn0004296:
from=<|sheldonconciliate at royalcity.com>, size=1615, class=0, nrcpts=0,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA-v4, relay=[92.84.51.24]

I was trying simple rules and also regexps in my spam.blacklist.rules
like the one below but it filtered out either all addresses or nothing.

MailScanner.conf:
Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules

spam.blacklist.rules:
From:           /^\|.*@.*/             yes

My version of MailScanner is 4.63.1-2

Thank you