MS unable to process xlsx file (taint mode prob again?)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Fri Dec 18 18:50:13 GMT 2009

On Fri, December 18, 2009 1:42 pm, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Excel file that is causing MS to timeout when scanning the
> email. I'm not sure if its a problem with MS or one of the Perl modules,
> but it does not happen on one of my older mail servers. I am attaching the
> spreadsheet that is causing the problem, perhaps some else could try it?

I just ran MS in debug mode on and this is what i got:

Building a message batch to scan...
Have a batch of 1 message.
Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/IO/File.pm line 185.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner: WARNING: failed to start mailscanner

Could this be the cause?