phishing.bad.sites.conf v ScamNailer

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Dec 17 13:46:33 GMT 2009

Robert Lopez wrote on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:14:01 -0700:

> I started putting the url from inside phishing email that are slipping
> in into the phishing.bad.sites.conf file in the hope it is still read.
> I obviously have not gone reading or tracing  the code to verify this.

We are rarely getting any phishing mails. I think they are all already
rejected at MTA level. So, it doesn't matter too much for me. I was just
surprised about this MS error message when restarting it.
As I haven't upgraded MS for some months now I'm sure the file is still
being read on my systems, just that the downloaded file is empty. I have
now moved the file that came with the rpm in its place and stopped
update_bad_phishing_sites. I'm not seeing any mention of this change in
http://mailscanner.info/ChangeLog

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany