University MailScanner Setup

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:38:27 GMT 2009

2009/12/14 Monis Monther <mmmm82 at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for sharing this info
>
> We also use MailWatch for monitoring, but one thing I cant find in it is
> when a mail is blocked due to bad file name or type it only says Bad content
> but no details stating what the reason was, so I have to go through the
> maillog and check what exactly it was, this process could be a little bit a
> hurdle for HelpDesk team as they need a simple GUI tool and also they dont
> have shell access on the server.
The Report: field contain what MailScanenr thought of it... Like "Bo
programs allowed", or "Attempt to hide real filename extension" ... Is
this not enough for you?
Sure, you need look at the message detail (click in the empty box at
the start of the line) ... but that should be it. No need to log on
and trawl the maillog files...:)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn