Problem with Return-Path from certain ISPs

Ricardo Branco ricardo at wenn.com
Fri Dec 11 10:46:33 GMT 2009

Ive been able to reproduce this again and again, not only with Hotmail.

It seems that if the sending MTA (ie Hotmail) supplies a Return-Path
then for some reason its taken out.

I think there is a bug in MailScanner/Sendmail.pm arround line 352

I tested this by telnetting to my mail server and in the DATA section
putting a returnpath and it then did not end up on the final headers,
but if i dont put it then its there.