Taint error with Perl v5.10.1

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Mon Dec 7 12:18:32 GMT 2009

On 7 Dec 2009, at 11:53, Edward Prendergast wrote:

> When MailScanner drops privileges it goes down to the postfix user.
> In case this was related to file permissions I altered all the
> custom modules ownership to root:postfix but this made no
> difference. My best guess is a tainted @INC:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dapm/perl-5.10.1/pod/perlsec.pod#Taint_mode_and_
> @INC
>
> But I'm not sure if this is correct, and if it is, how to go about
> solving it?

Try installing the latest beta. I believe Jules has fixed tainting
issues in that version.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
Our email policy can be found at www.trunknetworks.com/policy

Trunk Networks Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: SC351063
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ