Quarantining password-protected ZIPs?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Thu Dec 3 15:46:07 GMT 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009, Julian Field wrote:

> Look in MailScanner.conf and search for "Zip-Password". That way you can
> stop them being treated as "Silent Viruses" and so they will be
> quarantined and so on for you.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I currently have:

Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame All-Viruses

The config file says "Zip-Password: This keyword is not needed if you include
All-Viruses."  "All-Viruses: .... this includes Zip-Password so you don't
need to include both"

So, what should I set Silent Viruses to if I want all real viruses to be
treated silently, but I want Zips with Passwords to be treated non-silently?

Basically, how do I say "All-Viruses except Zip-Password"?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.