Single Quarantine for more than one MS server

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:56:30 GMT 2009

2009/12/3 Lance Haig <lhaig at haigmail.com>:
> On 12/02/2009 05:34 PM, Glenn Steen wrote:

>>>  My thoughts are the same on this one
>>>
>>> I really hope you are wrong :-)
>>>
>>> Lance
>>>
>> You can have multiple MailScanner servers logging to one database...
>> You'll still need MailWatch installed on the respective MX hosts,
>> but... XML-RPC will take care of running the release on the correct
>> server (where the quarantined item is actually stored). There are a
>> few things to look at/tinker a bit with, but ... to all intents and
>> purposes this will be all you need, once you get it going.
>> Or did I misunderstand your intent?
>>
>> Cheers
>

> You understood perfectly.
>
> so the idea is to create one db server.
>
> and have multiple ms servers with mailwatch.
>
> is there documentation for the xml-rpc setup? or will you be willing to help
> me out.
>
> Thanks
> Lance

The docs, RemoteDB.txt, is slightly wrong (enumeration of steps in the
INSTALL file in the tarball... But if you read it with a critical eye,
it shouldn't be that difficult:-). There have been a few threads, on
the MailWatch list, lately on the xml-rpc problems some have had with
never versions of php, so ... take a look there;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn