Single Quarantine for more than one MS server

Jonas A. Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Wed Dec 2 21:24:35 GMT 2009

> 2009/12/2 Lance Haig <lhaig at haigmail.com>:
> > On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 07:37 -0500, Garrod M. Alwood wrote:
> >> I didn't think you could release on a multi-MS to one Mailwatch
> setup
> >

> >  My thoughts are the same on this one
> >
> > I really hope you are wrong :-)
> >
> > Lance
> >
> You can have multiple MailScanner servers logging to one database...
> You'll still need MailWatch installed on the respective MX hosts,
> but... XML-RPC will take care of running the release on the correct
> server (where the quarantined item is actually stored). There are a
> few things to look at/tinker a bit with, but ... to all intents and
> purposes this will be all you need, once you get it going.
> Or did I misunderstand your intent?
>
> Cheers
> --

Just so Glenn isn’t all alone in claiming the above...

We have run with a handful of mailscanner servers and 1 centralized
mailwatch/DB for several years. It works great, no issues at all that I can
think of. Except for mailwatch not scaling well, you shouldn’t encounter any
issues.

Best regards and good luck

Jonas Larsen