"include path-to-conf-files" in 4.78.9

Mike Wallace mike at mlrw.com
Tue Aug 25 18:36:49 IST 2009

Jules,

I hope you are enjoying or enjoyed (based on when you read this) your
well deserved vacation in the States.

I have been playing with "include path-to-conf-files" in 4.78.9 and
found a couple of limitations that I want to verify.

It seems that the following parameters are ignored when in the include
file:

%org-name% =
%org-long-name% =
%web-site% =
Run As User =
Run As Group =
MTA =

Is this by design or a "feature"? Are their other parameters that
can't be in the include file?

The reason I ask is that I am trying to put all of my site specific
configuration changes in the include file so that the only thing I
have to do to MailScanner.conf is add "include /etc/MailScanner/config/
mysite.conf".

It would be awesome if you had "include /etc/MailScanner/config/
*.conf" in MailScanner.conf.  Then if the directory or and/or any
files in that directory did not exist, they would be ignored. That way
those who don't want to use it can edit the configuration file like
they always have.

Mike