Problem with latest version on RH 5.2

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:46:43 IST 2009

2009/8/21 Brendan Pirie <bpirie at rma.edu>

> Erik Bloodaxe wrote:
>
>> Brendan Pirie wrote:

>>> Erik,
>>>
>>> Are you using Spam List = or Spam Domain List = ?  If so then if Spam
>>> Lists To Be Spam is triggered, it will be marked as spam even if the SA
>>> score is negative.
>>>
>>> Brendan
>>>
>> I should have added I do not see this behaviour with Mail Scanner  4.57.6
>> and SpamAssassin version 3.1.9  running on Perl version 5.8.8
>> On the new system, with the problem, I have
>> Spam List = MAPS+RBL+ spamhaus-ZEN
>>
>> Spam Domain List =
>>
>> while the older system (with out problem I have
>> Spam List = SBL+XBL  MAPS-RBL+ #costs money (except .ac.uk)
>>
>> Spam Domain List =
>>
>> SBL+XBL translates to a sub list of spamhaus-ZEN.  So the difference is
>> small.  Would this account for the problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Erik
>>
> Erik,
>
> It's entirely possible, if not probable, that is the cause.
>
> Brendan

Hi

make the following changes to MailScanner.conf and you'll get detailed
reports in the header as why (or not) MailScanner marked things as spam.

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

Detailed Spam Report = yes

Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK