Problem with latest version on RH 5.2

Erik Bloodaxe E.Bloodaxe at gold.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 20:42:31 IST 2009

Brendan Pirie wrote:
> Erik Bloodaxe wrote:
>>> I am finding that some messages which have negative SPAM scores are
>>> taged with {Spam?}.  This appears not to be a spamassasin problem
>>> but some interaction between spamassasin and MailScanner.  the
>>> versions are SpamAssassin version 3.2.4  running on Perl version
>>> 5.8.8.  Can anyone assist?  I am unsure of how to track down where
>>> the problem lies.  The install is a standard of RedHat 5.2 and a
>>> standard install of MailScanner (tar file version)?
>>>
>>> I have some example messages but do not want to share these with the
>>> list.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>> To add a bit more I have copies of some messages which were tagged
>> when sent, but, when I send them through again do not get tagged!
>>
>> This is an intermittent problem and realy annoying
>>
>> Help!
>>
>> Erik
> Erik,
>
> Are you using Spam List = or Spam Domain List = ?  If so then if Spam
> Lists To Be Spam is triggered, it will be marked as spam even if the
> SA score is negative.
>
> Brendan
I should have added I do not see this behaviour with Mail Scanner
4.57.6 and SpamAssassin version 3.1.9  running on Perl version 5.8.8
On the new system, with the problem, I have
Spam List = MAPS+RBL+ spamhaus-ZEN

Spam Domain List =

while the older system (with out problem I have
Spam List = SBL+XBL  MAPS-RBL+ #costs money (except .ac.uk)

Spam Domain List =

SBL+XBL translates to a sub list of spamhaus-ZEN.  So the difference is
small.  Would this account for the problem?

Thanks

Erik