On X-Spam-Status, X-Spam-Flag, X-MailScanner-SpamCheck, and other weirdness

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:44:15 IST 2009

Glenn Steen wrote:
> 2009/8/17 Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>:
>> Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>> Look at the documentation for the Multiple Headers setting in
>>> MailScanner.conf
>>> and see if changing it to
>>>
>>> Multiple Headers = replace
>>>
>>> solves your problem.
>>>
>>        Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it is still appending to
>> that header. I also tried doing
>>
>> clear_headers
>> remove header all Status
>>
>> in spam.assassin.prefs.conf with the same result. I think it just does not
>> like me...

	I agree completely, but since I feel like I am on the end of my rope
here, I am trying anything I can think of. If fact, if someone told me
to rub a dead chicken on the server, I would go poultry shopping... :)

> As Jules said, the SA bit shouldn't matter. Did you remember to
> restart MS after editing MailScanner.conf?

About restarting MS, I actually told it to first stop and then start
instead of just /etc/init.d/MailScanner restart kinda thing.