No bayesian for me?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:15:10 IST 2009

2009/8/12 Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>:
> Jules Field wrote:
>>
>> Did you run sa-learn as the same user you run MailScanner as? ("Run As
>> User" in MailScanner.conf). Otherwise your Bayes database you've been
>> training will be in the wrong place.
>>
>        I see your point. I was indeed running sa-learn as root, not as
> postfix, which should be the user MailScanner runs as. So, I guess I should
> run it then as postfix. Now, should I delete the root-created database?
> Also, where will it save the database at?

You should delete the one for root, if it resides in roots home
directory, since that will be no help at all... Or move it. But I see
you have configured it to reside somewhere sane, so all you need do is
make it all owned by postfix.
If you also use MailWatch, you'll need make the apache users group the
"group owner" for the base directory and all the files, and set the
GID bit for the directory (/var/spool/MailScanner/bayes in your case),
so that any new files get the correct group ownership. Once you've
done that, things should start cooking:-).
One more thing: Always run your tests (spamassassin --lint and stuff
like that) as your postfix user, to avoid some subleties that might
otherwise bite.
Since you aim to disable the score averager (AWL), you don't have fix
those perms/ownerships... Just comment out the loadplugin.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn