DKIM

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Aug 11 15:41:01 IST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 09:13 -0400, Rick Cooper wrote:
> [...]

	Not really, although I guess that partly depends on what you mean by
"to touch it".  That's actually touted as the bigest advantage of DKIM
over SPF.  DKIM can even work through mailing lists without any extra
tricks.  The signatures are on certain message attributes which should
not be tampered with by an MTA or other intermediary and should remain
invariant from MUA to MUA.  There is even an option for either "simple"
verification (strict) or a more relaxed verification that uses message
canonicalization (normalize line endings, white space, word wrapping,
header wrapping) to deal with some levels of non-compliant modification.
It's far FAR more forgiving than, say, PGP/Mime in that regard.  Even
MailScanner can break PGP/Mime if you have certain options turned on and
it rewrites the Mime structure (refer to discussions on this list a few
years back about that one).

> Rick

	Mike