hostname variable in attachment replacement

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 7 15:45:59 IST 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Julian Field wrote:

> On 07/08/2009 15:23, David Lee wrote:
>> [...]
>> Wouldn't it help if the MS start up code could have something like:
>>    if not set/inherited ... then set to something '/bin/hostname'-ish.
>
> I could put it in the init.d script I guess. That would be the right place
> for it. MailScanner just automatically looks up $ENV{FOOBAR} when it sees
> $FOOBAR or ${FOOBAR} in the MailScanner.conf file, it doesn't know about the
> hostname as a special case at all, and I would like to keep it that way.

Sure.  (Interpret my phrase "MS start-up code" as including the init.d
script.)

Might an "export HOSTNAME" there help?

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :