Is Definitely Not Spam and Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients Exceed Options oddity

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Aug 2 12:48:47 IST 2009

On 01/08/2009 03:42, Rose, Bobby wrote:

> I have a ruleset for Is Definitely Not Spam and everything works fine
> except if that that address sends a message with more recipients than
> what is set for Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients Exceed. In that
> case, the message seems to get blacklisted. If the entry is removed
> from the whitelist ruleset, then the issue doesn’t occur (but I’ll
> still see the log entry saying that ignored whitelist.

So you're saying that the "Is Definitely Not Spam" is ignored if the
message has more recipients than set in "Ignore Spam Whitelist If
Recipients Exceed"? In that case, that is exactly what it is meant to
do. "Is Definitely Not Spam" is the "Spam Whitelist" the other option is
talking about.

> Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me and I have to keep
> digging for the reason?
>
> Thanks
>
> -=Bobby

> This document may include proprietary and confidential information of
> Wayne State University Physician Group and may only be read by those
> person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail
> message in error, please notify us immediately. This document may not
> be reproduced, copied, distributed, published, modified or furnished
> to third parties, without prior written consent of Wayne State
> University Physician Group. Thank you.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng