FreeBSD port of MailScanner-4.75.11,1 - could someone test

Kevin Kobb kkobb at skylinecorp.com
Thu Apr 30 18:47:16 IST 2009

Johan Hendriks wrote:
> I created a port for MailScanner-4.75.11,1 on FreeBSD.
> My programming skills are poor, but it al seems to work on my 7.1-stable
> and 8.0 machine (both AMD64)
> This is with perl 5.10.x , it does not work with perl-5.8.9
>
> So please test it and let me know if it al works.
>

> You can download the file here.
>
> http://www.double-l.nl/mailscanner.tar
>

> regards,
>
> Johan Hendriks

For better or worse, the official FreeBSD port has been updated to
4.75.11. I had submitted a patch to an open PR and to the port
maintainer several weeks ago, but never got any feedback. It looks like
the update was automatically committed.

I don't claim to be a ports, or MailScanner expert, but I gave it the
old college try. Hopefully, this will work for others (seems to be OK on
my tests), or motivate some guru to fix my feeble effort ;-)