MailScanner slowwing down

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Apr 30 17:28:03 IST 2009

When you install smf-sav, there's a config file you'll need to edit slightly.  You specify your Exchange server, and it will query it.  The conf file is also where you can white/blacklist specific addresses, domains, etc.  It is fairly efficient, as it caches the results so that it's not asking the Exchange server about every message.  I think the TTL is 3 hours, but it can be changed as well.

Another good milter to add is smf-spf.  Grey-listing and greet-pause are also very effective in reducing inbound noise.

HTH...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500